วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 11 Feb 2022
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 15 May 2023
1. Basic Information about SMART Visa
The SMART Visa is a new type of visa designed to attract highly skilled manpower and investors to help accelerate the development of the country’s targeted industries. SMART Visa is offered to foreign experts, executives, entrepreneurs, and investors who wish to enter into the Kingdom of Thailand to work or to invest in the following “S-Curve industries” or the country’s targeted industries.
(Click the picture below to expand)
2. Types of Smart Visa
The following categories of Smart Visa will be allocated to Smart Visa applicants, depending on the purpose or activity that foreigners wish to conduct in the Kingdom of Thailand.
Spouse and legal children of Smart Visa holders
Further details about eligible applicants in each category are available at https://smart-visa.boi.go.th/smart/
3. Benefits and Privileges of SMART Visa
These benefits include:
(1) Visa validity up to 4 years (instead of the usual 1 year)
(2) No requirement of work permit
(3) Extension of reporting of stay to Immigration Bureau – from every 90-day to every year
(4) The right of legal dependents (spouse and children who are over 18 years of age) of the SMART Visa holder to live and work in Thailand equivalent to SMART visa holder (only for SMART Visa holder in Talent category).
4. Application Procedures
The applicants for Smart Visa must have qualifications according to the criteria specified by the office of the Board of Investment. Their qualifications will be verified by relevant agencies. After technical and non-technical endorsements have been obtained, the Smart Visa unit will then proceed to issue a letter of qualification endorsement which the applicant will bring to the Royal Thai Embassies or Royal Consulates (in case of residing overseas) or the Immigration Bureau at the One-Stop Center for Visas and Work Permits or EEC Labour Administration Center in Chonburi in order to file for Smart Visa.
4.1 Procedures for Qualification Endorsement Application
(1) Register for online qualification endorsement application for Smart Visa on https://smart-visa.boi.go.th/register.php and activate an online account through a confirmation e-
(2) Complete an application form for the type of Smart Visa you wish to apply (T, I, E, S, and O if any) and make sure that you have a PDF version of the required documents you will need to upload and submit after the application form and required documents are all uploaded. By completing the online application, you confirm that you have read, understood, and accepted the qualification endorsement requirements.
(3) After completing the online application, submit an application package (paper package) via airmail or in person either to Smart Visa Unit at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) located at Chamchuri Square Building.
(4) Within 30 working days after having received complete documents, OSS will notify the applicant, the Immigration, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the relevant agencies of the result of the qualification endorsement application.
(5) The qualified applicant can then proceed with applying for Smart Visa issuance at one of the following places, within 60 days from the issuance date of the endorsement letter, which will be used as one of the supporting documents for the application.
- The Royal Thai Embassies/The Royal Thai Consulate Generals (in case of residing overseas)
- One-Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS), Chamchuri Square Building, Bangkok
- EEC Labour Administration Center in Chonburi.
4.2 Procedures for visa issuance at the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Sydney
(1) After receiving the Smart Visa result via email, please inform the Smart Visa Unit via email at [email protected] that you plan to receive Smart Visa at the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Sydney at least one month in advance before the tentative date of the flight to enter Thailand.
(2) Your notification letter will be forwarded to your selected Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General via Telex by the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok. When this is done, you will be informed by the Smart Visa unit via email. This process normally takes around 7-14 working days.
(3) Directly contact the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Sydney at [email protected] make an appointment for Smart Visa issuance as soon as possible and inquire about the required documents since each embassy reserves the right to request additional documents.
5. Required Documents for visa issuance
- Passport or travel document and copy of passport or travel document
- Valid notification Letter from the Board of Investment to the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney
* The notification letter remains valid within 60 days from the issuance date and can be collected from Smart Visa Unit
- Completely filled out Visa Application form
One passport size photo (2 x 2 inches)
6. Visa processing fee: AUD 600 per year for visa permission.
SMART Visa Extension
Smart Visa holders wishing to extend their Smart Visas must apply for a renewal of qualification endorsement at One-Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) at least 60 days before its expiry for the Smart Visa unit to follow the abovementioned endorsement process.
Upon receiving an endorsement letter, foreigners can then have their Smart Visa renewed at the Immigration at One-Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) or at EEC Labour Administration Center in Chonburi.
7. Reporting Requirement
Smart Visa holders must report the address of current residence to the Immigration at One-Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) or at EEC Labour Administration Center in Chonburi on a yearly basis, counting from the date of receiving permission to stay in Thailand. This can be done 15 days before or 7 days after the due date.
However, in the case of re-entering the Kingdom, the report is due in one year from the date of the latest arrival. In addition, Smart Visa holders must also report their current status to the Smart Visa Unit at One-Stop Center for Visas and Work Permits on a yearly basis from the issuance date of Smart Visa.
8. Contact for SMART Visa
Unit One-Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS)
18th Floor, Chamchuri Square Building,
Chamchuri Square Building, Phayathai Road
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: +66 2 209 1109 -1110
E-mail: [email protected]
- The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants are found to provide false documents or give false information, their applications will be rejected and be reported for further determination of appropriate action and future prohibition to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Visa processing fees are non-refundable.
- Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.
The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney officers reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice. Please note, the visa processing fees is non-refundable once the processing of the application begins – regardless of its outcome.
All visa fees can be paid by the exact amount of cash, money order, or bank cheque addressed to the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Sydney (personal/company cheques are not acceptable)
Office hour: Monday – Friday between 09.00-13.00 and 14.00-17.00
Services hour: Monday – Friday between 09.30-13.00 and 14.00-16.00
Visa service hour: Monday- Friday between 9.30 - 12.30 only
Saturday, Sunday, and Public Holidays Closed
Phone (02) 9241 2542-3