Registration for Marriage Certificate
- Both parties mutually agrees to register for marriage
- At least one party must be Thai national
- A party under 20 but over 17 years of age can only register for marriage if endorsed by their parent or legal guardian.
- After the end of previous marriage, for woman whose husband died or whose marriage has become terminated, the marriage can only take place after expiry of 310 days from such death or termination of marriage, but before such period if
- A child has been born during such period;
- The divorced couple remarry;
- There is a certificate showing that the woman is not pregnant;
- There is an order of the Court allowing the woman to marry.
- A Single Status Certificate is valid for 3 months from the issued date.
- For Thai citizen, the Single Status Certificate can be obtained from the District Offices in Thailand.
- For Australian national, the Single Status Certificate can be obtained from the Birth Death Marriage
registry office and must be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
Please contact 1300 935 260 to book an appointment with DFAT for authentication service.
For further information, please click here.
- For all other national please contact the consulate or embassy of your nationality for more information
on how to obtain the Single Status Certificate. Please note, the Single Status Certificate must be
authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). Please contact 1300 935 260
to book an appointment with DFAT for authentication service. For further information, please click here.
- An original and a copy of the passport
- An original and a copy of Thai National ID Card
- A copy of Thai House Registration
- An original divorce certificate (if divorced)
- A copy of Thai ID and the passport of two witnesses
- For non-Thai national, a copy of passport or a copy of driver license is required.
How to submit the application
- Make an appointment through the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Sydney’s website. Please click, for making an appointment.
- Both parties must be presented to the registrar at the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Sydney.
- Two witnesses must also be presented during the lodgment of the application with their Thai National ID Card and Passport together with a copy.
- There are no fees to register for Thai Marriage Certificate unless a party would like to request for an extra copy of marriage certificate which costs $25 AUD per copy.
For further enquiry, please send an email to email@example.com