Requirements for Entering Thailand under Phuket Sandbox Programme and Procedure for Certificate of Entry (COE) Application under Sandbox Phuket
1. Eligible for Thai and non-Thai nationals having resided in Australia at least 21 days
2. Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for no less than 14 days prior to departure from Australia. Vaccines must be approved by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand or WHO, namely, AstraZeneca; Sinovac; Johnson & Johnson; Moderna; Sinopharm (Vero Cell); Pfizer; Covishield
Travellers under the age of 18 accompanied by parents or guardians must obtain medical certificate (RT-PCR) with laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and issued no more than 72 hours before departing Australia.
3. Obtain medical certificate (RT-PCR) with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and issued no more than 72 hours before departing Australia.
4. Obtain a valid health insurance that covers medical expenses including treatment relating to COVID-19 with a minimum of 100,000 USD throughout the period of stay in Thailand. For more information about health insurance, please visit https://covid19.tgia.org/
5. Obtain a confirmed and fully paid booking of stay at SHA+ hotels in Phuket for at least 7 days (List of SHA+ hotels can be found at entrythailand.go.th or shathailand.com
For travellers wishing to stay in Phuket less than 7 days, they must obtain air tickets with a firm departure date from Phuket, together with proof of fully paid booking of SHA+ hotel and proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test during the entire stay in Thailand.
6. Obtain proof of payment for RT-PCR COVID-19 test during the first 7 days of stay in Thailand. The traveller must fully pay the said expenses with chosen hotel of stay.
7. Must stay in Phuket for no less than 7 days before travelling to other provinces in Thailand. For travellers staying in Phuket less than 7 days, they must leave Thailand via Phuket only.
8. Must stay at a SHA+ hotel.
From 1 October 2021, the following quarantine period applies for entry into Thailand:
- A quarantine period of 7 days for international travellers who have been fully vaccinated with the vaccines approved by the Thai authorities.
*Travellers must be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to their departure date.
- A quarantine period of 10 days for unvaccinated international travellers and travellers who are not fully vaccinated.
*Children under the age of 18 who have not been fully vaccinated and are travelling with their parents are required to be in quarantine for the same period as their parents.
9. Must apply for Certificate of Entry – COE at coethailand.mfa.go.th
10. Avoid COVID-19 high risk or crowded areas for at least 14 days before departure from Australia