TOURIST VISA (TR)
1. Eligible Applicants for TR
This type of visa is issued to eligible applicants who are currently residing in Australia and wishing to enter Thailand for the sole purpose of tourism only.
2. TR Visa Conditions
- TR is valid for a single entry into Thailand for tourism purposes only.
- Applications for TR can be submitted by those residing in the country with a low-rate of confirmed COVID-19 cases as determined fortnightly and officially by Announcement of the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. However, the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra, the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney, and the Royal Thai Honorary Consulate-General / the Royal Thai Honorary Consul in Australia reserve the right to put all applications on hold as deemed necessary until further notice.
- The validity of TR is 3 months from the date of its issuance, with a maximum period of stay in Thailand for 60 days.
- TR cannot be changed to any other type of visa during the duration of stay in Thailand.
- If the TR holder is found to be in breach of the conditions for entry into Thailand, the stay permit will be revoked immediately and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand.
- The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants are found to provide false documents or give false information, their applications will be rejected and be reported for further determination of appropriate action and future prohibition to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
- Visa processing time may vary depending on the demand and/or information to be reviewed which may take up to 15 working days.
4. TR Application Procedures
Each applicant must submit a complete online form together with the required documents* via http://bit.ly/thaivisareview to the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney
or submit the application to the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Flights to Thailand
- Option 1 Semi-commercial flights to Thailand
Certain airlines are now permitted to operate semi-commercial flights to Thailand, namely, Emirates (EK384), Etihad (EY406), EVA (BR211), Qatar Airways (QR 826, QR830, QR832, QR834, QR836, QR980), Singapore Airline (SQ976), Cathay Pacific (CX653), Lufthansa (LH772), Austrian Airlines (OS25), Swiss Air (LX180), KLM (KL873, KL875, KL887, KL847, KL811, KL843, KL815, KL803) and Air France (AF253, AF168).
- Option 2 Special chartered flights organized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra and the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Sydney
Due to the limit of the quota of allowable passengers to enter Thailand by specially chartered flights, please contact the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra for information on the availability of seats.
6. Application for the Certificate of Entry (COE)
Upon approving TR, the applicants will have to apply for the COE via coethailand.mfa.go.th
Please note the followings:
- Upon entry into Thailand, all applicants are required to undergo 14-day Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ). For more information, please visit http://hsscovid.com/ An evidence of reservation for ASQ for a minimum period of 14 days from the date of the arrival in Thailand will be required for the COE application.
- All the applicants are required to obtain COVID-19 health insurance covering medical treatment expenditures of COVID-19, worth at least USD 100,000 during the entire stay in Thailand as part of the application to obtain COE. The insurance policy must clearly state that it includes expenditures occurring from COVID-19 treatments. List of recommended health insurance: Pacific Cross Health Insurance / Regency Health Insurance / April International / Luma Thailand / Axa
7. At the Departure Airport and upon Entry into Thailand
All applicants with approved TRs will be required to present the following documents to the airline check-in staff at the departure airport and concerned authorities upon arrival in Thailand:
- The Royal Thai Consulate-General Sydney officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice. Please note, the visa processing fees is non-refundable once the processing of the application begins – regardless of its outcome.
- All visa fees can be paid by the exact amount of cash, money order, or bank cheque address to Royal Thai Consulate-General Sydney (personal/company cheque are not acceptable)
Click to download the application form HERE
Click to download the Visa checklist HERE